Chapter 12 – Web Publishing Basics
Well, you've designed and built a website, but there is still much more to do. You need to obtain a domain name, select a web host, publish your files to the Web, and submit your site to search engines. In addition to discussing these tasks, this chapter introduces you to evaluating the accessibility and usability of your website. Resource websites and chapter links are listed below.
Domain Name Registration
Choosing a Web Host
Search Engine Resources
- Search Engine Use
- Search Engine Market Share
- Search Engine Popularity
- Web Robots
- Google AdWords
- Search Engine Success
- Beginners Guide to SEO
- Search Engine Optimization
Security on the Internet
- What is SSL?
- IETF RFC 6101 The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol Version 3.0
- What is Transport Layer Security (TLS)?
- IETF RFC 8446 The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3
- Certificate Authorities
- How to Install a Digital Certificate
- Cloudflare Online CDN & Encryption Service
- No updates have been reported for this chapter.
Questions or Comments
The author would like to hear from you!
Feel free to contact the author with your questions or comments.
Review activities are available for this chapter. Check your knowledge of chapter terms and concepts.
After you have verified that your HTML and CSS code is valid, follow the steps described at http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/preliminary to manually check your web pages for compliance with WCAG accessibilty requirements.